Monday, February 12, 2018

My name is Karalee and I am Playful


Playful 

I am embracing my inner child today.  I am playful. 

I attended a conference this weekend with my three amazing sisters.  One of the activities we participated in was choosing three words we want to become or create in ourselves.  As part of the experience, we went around the room and introduced ourselves to others.  So when I went to shake someone's hand I said, "My name is Karalee and I am safe, calm and playful".

As I repeated this exercise and continued throughout the day repeating my "I am" statements, I started to believe what I was saying. I started acting playful and then became playful in my actions.  I learned so much about myself and the power of my personal self talk. 

I also realized, after some mentoring from one of my sisters, that play doesn't have to be structured and organized.  It can be as simple as putting a section of an orange in my mouth, taking a picture and posting it on social media. 

Here's my top five favorite ways to play:
  1.  Dancing and singing in the car... I love to turn up a fun song, sing and chair dance while driving down the street.  I have received some funny looks, had a few teenagers recording me (I always pose for the camera and smile) and always feel increased energy.  
  2.  Taking Selfies... I love to take a selfie and then add decorations to the picture and send it to my family or post on facebook.
  3. Send Emoji texts.... I love to send emoji's to my friends and family when I am texting them.  The emoji's make me laugh. 
  4. Play imagination with a child.... Explore life from a child's point of view.  Get down and play with the Barbie's. 
  5. LOL - Laugh Out Loud...  This is my favorite.  Laughter can change me from grumpy to semi grumpy to happy. 
 Have a playful day! 
Love, Karalee 

No comments:

Post a Comment