Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Just singing and playing...together!



PLAY

My self care challenge this week is to play everyday for seven days.  As you can see from the pictures above I am good at play.  I could turn an ordinary stroll down a street into fun.  I lived in the moment that day.  I felt alive.  I had a song to sing and a dance to dance.  I let the world see me. 

I married the master of play and fun.  Brett was the life of the party.  Brett told jokes that weren't funny but everyone laughed.  Brett's laugh was contagious and his songs would get stuck in your head.  I can still hear him singing, "Fried Eggs...."

I saw a movie tonight titled, "The Greatest Showman".  It's a great movie and the songs are infectious and you want to stand up and dance. There is a song called "This is me" that the cast of misfits sing. The words they sing are powerful and moving.  

"I am brave, I am bruised
I am who I'm meant to be, this is me.
Look out 'cause here I come
And I'm marching on to the beat I drum
I'm not scared to be seen
I make no apologies, this is me"


This past year has been very hard on me and my heart. Today, the wave of grief hit me like a tsunami.  I am holding tightly to a tree and fighting to hold on as the waves swirl around me.  As I hear these lyrics in my head, "I am brave, I am bruised.  I am who I'm meant to be, this is me".  I am choosing to grab hold to my Faith in Heavenly Father's plan and remember that I am His daughter.  Heavenly Father wants me to be happy and play again.  He wants me to be seen and show others where true happiness comes from.

So here I come with my bumps and bruises because I am not scared to be seen. I might be drumming to my own beat and singing my song but I make no apologies, This is ME!

I always wanted to play the DRUMS.....

Love, Karalee 






 


No comments:

Post a Comment