Monday, January 29, 2018

My Journey with Self Care 2018

January 29, 2018

My first week goal was to improve my self care in regards to my health.  I challenged myself to drink 100 oz. of water, eat a fruit and vegetable and walk for ten minutes every day for seven days.  I wasn't perfect but was able to improve my awareness of my health.  I have had some emotions bubble up to the surface as I have tried to implement new changes into my routine.  

I learned at a conference recently that our spirit will not let go of the negative energy/emotions from our past until we acknowledge the growth and learning from the struggle.  We must see the benefits from the bad and hard things we have went through in our life.  

We must accept the growth to move forward.  It was suggested that we make a list of gains/benefits from the experience to see the value.  The value is not in arriving at the end of the struggle but in the journey of growth we had while in the midst of storm.  

I am starting my list because I want to release the extra weight on my body.  I know that just writing the list won't magically cause the weight to disappear.  I believe that as I find the gratitude, growth and embrace the struggle I will find answers on what step to take next.  

Love, Karalee 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment